Download List Grouped by Category

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:10

Download List Grouped by Category

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am wondering if anybody out there has attempted to create a download list grouped by Category.

Exactly like asked for here actually www.sitefinity.com/.../downloadlist-group-by-category.aspx  ... only on the new system.  This would be really useful to me and I wondered if it was possible functionality to be either built into the control (along with sorting that works) or some code that could help me out.

I would like to be able to group the list like

Category 1:
   - file 1
   - file 2
Category 2:
  - file 3
Category 4:
  - file 4

.....etc.  

The post above is great an all but it is obviously using the old Sitefinity so the API is completely different.  If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2011 00:00

Anybody got any ideas on this?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello James Greaves,

You should create a custom control which will display the desired output. You can use the Documents API to query the documents and then group them by their categories. You can get the IDs of categories for each document by using the bellow code:

IList categoryIds = document.GetValue<IList>("Category");

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed