Email notification of Form submission

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:58

Email notification of Form submission

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2011 00:00

I can't find how to do this anywhere.

I've found a couple of threads about customising the control to allow the user to select where the form is send to, but surely I don't have to do that to get a bog-standard form to notify a fixed addressee, do I?

If I do I'd love to hear an argument in favour of all of the effort that went in to developing the Forms module in the first place.

-- 
Stuart

As of right now forms doesn't have notifications...

However, there is a marketplace add-on which you can use in the meantime.

I'm not sure if that'll be in SP2, but I don't see it on the Q2 roadmap

Unreal.

Thanks for the update Steve.

-- 
Stuart

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2011 00:00

Sorry boss :)  It's been admitted that SF4 isn't feature complete yet, they're playing catch up (which is why they extended the renewal dates).  I think the goal is to build form submissions into the workflow engine.

But who knows...maybe we WILL get it in SP2

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:00

I was just creating a contact form for our first Sitefinity-based website and hit this problem too. I thought I was going crazy as there didn't appear to be a form property for the "submissions email address" and the documentation makes no mention of it.

Thanks for the link to the Forums Module Notification, I'll check it out.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2012 00:00

Does anyone know if this feature has been implemented in SF5? Or do we still have to use the marketplace add-on?

add-on :/

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Sep-2013 00:00

Any word whether this exists in 6?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Sep-2013 00:00
Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2013 00:00

As a subscription yes that is built in but what everyone including myself is asking for is the ability to send the form results to an email address.  For the intranet that we have in place there are a variety of compliance and security forms that need to be filled on a daily or even hourly basis. I would like the results of those forms to be submitted to a mailing list or more generic mailing address rather then a specific person.

My solution is to make a "dummy account" with the desired email then log in and subscribe with that dummy account. But that then means that I have to maintain a list of those accounts somewhere along with the login information. I have enough usernames and passwords in my head I  don't need more to compensate for the lack of a fundamental feature.

I can't believe this is still an issue! And I still get notification emails about it 2 years later! It's an absolute and fundamental requirement for a web form: not everyone who needs to receive these emails should have a Sitefinity user account. Indeed, some recipients may well not be people at all (automated systems, CRM, ticket systems etc.)

I have to say this is one many infuriating reasons that led us to abandon Sitefinity.

I agree.
As a very small shop that installs intranets and extranets for a living we have to be very frugal how we spend our time and this is not helping in the decision to invest in learning the Sitefinity ecosystem.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi guys,

There is a form extension widget available on our marketplace that should be able to accommodate additional scenarios. You can check it out here:http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/marketplace/modules/fen%C3%AAtre-internet-applications/fen%C3%AAtre-form-extension

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2014 00:00

Atanas,

I am currently using Sitefinity version 5.4 (we will be upgrading to the latest version soon). I am trying to create a form that sends an email on submission to a specific email address. When I follow the documentation steps, I run into an issue at step 4. 

When I click the desired form and then the settings tab on the right of the page, I do not see the option Send email notification for responses to.... Do you have any idea why this option could be missing? I can subscribe the current user that is logged in (myself), but I need to assign certain forms to different accounts. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
KC

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello,

This functionality was not present in 5.4. You can utilize the form extension from my previous reply if upgrading is not an option at this point:Upgrade.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2014 00:00

Atans,

We have since upgraded to Sitefinity 7.1. I put the email address that I would like the form submission to be emailed to but no email is being sent. I can see the responses under the form so I know they are being submitted, but I cannot get the email to trigger on submission.

Any ideas on what could be preventing this?

Thanks, KC

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2014 00:00

I would check the notification profile and\or SMTP settings... because it definatly works.

...try another email address maybe as well?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2014 00:00

Hello,

In addition to Steve's suggestion, please, delete the logs from App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs and try submitting a new reply. If there is an underlying error during the sending process, it will be logged there.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed