Configuring LDAP

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:50

Configuring LDAP

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Sitefinity,

I've entered in our domain's values for the LDAP settings. I'm not clear of whats supposed to happen next. Does it start populating the user list automatically, or do I click a button to do that?

And how do I map Sitefinity roles to AD groups?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Eric,

I believe you might find this page of our Documentation useful,  especially the Configuring LDAP settings and Enabling Windows Authentication to automatically access Sitefinity backend articles.

Also please visit the following forum thread which also contains valuable information which might be helpful to you.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2011 00:00

Those articles helped alot. I hadn't seen those before. I'm still having trouble, though. What I'm seeing is that I enter all the settings, but no AD users show in the Users page under Administration. When I set the web.config to:

<authentication mode="Windows"/>

I'm not able to login after that. It says Parameter name windowsIdentity.Name error.

This needs to resolved soon. We're trying to go into production for the first time today. It would have been convenient to have a way to test the settings to make sure they're working.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

We throw this error Invalid full name format.", "windowsIdentity.Name" when the windowsIdentity.Name is not in format Domain\USER. I am not able to replicate this issue locally with LDAP and Windows authentication. Can you check what the the identity name?

System.Web.HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name

also

Windows Authentication should be set to on.
Site/Sitefinity/Services - Windows Authentication should be off and Anonymous Authentication should be on.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2011 00:00

I'm also having some trouble configuring LDAP for Sitefinity.  I tested the connection and user DN filter in AD and it shows what I'm looking for... however I can't seem to get anything to display when I view Users for my LDAP provider.  Is there a good way to debug this to see where it's going wrong?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Shawn,

Sitefinity is reader for the LDAP and it is hard to debug this. If you use a third party tool to test the LDAP settings can you see the users correctly.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2011 00:00

Shawn,
I was having similiar issues. I was able to find some errors in the error log. Look for it in your project file under App_Date\Sitefinity\Logs\Error.log . I my case I was trying to use domain/username for the login and it had to be just username. It told me it was invalid credentials so I could move on from there. Hope this helps.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi ,

I am using sitefinity 7.2 version .How to access Backend Sitefinity page without login prompt. My client requirement he want  that  he should  access backend pages on valid user (Window Authentication)

please reply me as soon as possible

This thread is closed