Renamed Module and Controls disappeared

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 04:16

Renamed Module and Controls disappeared

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello,

I created a copy of the Products module, renamed the classes and was able to get my version working the same way the Products module works. Now I started to change the labels in the *Resources.cs class. Basically I replaced most of the Products* to Articles*.

This:

[ResourceEntry("MyProducts",
    Value = "My products",
    Description = "The text of my products sidebar button",
    LastModified = "2010/08/19")]
public string MyProducts
    get

return this["MyProducts"];

became:

[ResourceEntry("MyArticles",
    Value = "My articles",
    Description = "The text of my articles sidebar button",
    LastModified = "2010/08/19")]
public string MyProducts
    get

return this["MyProducts"];

I did not change the property name itself for now. After making the changes, I uninstalled the module using this thread. Then I reinstalled it and when I visit the admin page of my module, /sitefinity/content/Articles then the page is suddenly blank. I have no idea why this would happen. Anyhow, I had the file still open, so I pressed CTRL+Z to undo everything, removed the module and reinstalled. However when I visit the module page, its still blank and there is no error in the logs. Attached is a screenshot of what I see.

Does anybody know what is going on here?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Sonu,

Can you try restarting the application restart the web configuration files in your project. Note you have config file in your module. To restart make a dummy change in the web.config and save. Then your application is restarted.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I did restart the application several times, but still there is nothing displayed.

Hello,

I have opened a support ticket and uploaded my project. The ticket# is 435949.

Thanks

This thread is closed