Available beta for 4.2?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:42

Available beta for 4.2?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2011 00:00

We were hoping for a preview beta version for 4.2 that we can test out API changes and new module creation. We would be happy to provide feedback before the official release. Any idea on this?

Hello Basem,

Can you please elaborate on the module creation part? 

We are going to include a major improvements over the Sitemap with the next internal build in two weeks, then slowly, we may add the rest of the features.

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

In the roadmap, you have this:

Developer Productivity

• Module definitions Fluent API 
    The addition to the API will ease the process of module creation.
  • Dynamic types Fluent API 
    Working with custom types and fields will be simplified.

I would like to try this out and give any feedback. Also, I want to see if there is any changes I need to prepare in regards to the current implementation of module creation.. which seems may be obsolete if the above is a better way to create modules?

Hello Basem,

I see now. 

This is going to be improvement, meaning that the old way will still be present. The Fluent API will act like a wrapper and will provide easier approach on the module development. 

We will try provide these features in one of the internal builds. If this is not enough, we may provide you with a custom build.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed