ASP.NET SQL Membership Provider and LoginView templates

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:47

ASP.NET SQL Membership Provider and LoginView templates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2011 00:00

Edits in italics: I should point out that for login, register, change password, forgot password and edit profile I am using my own custom controls that are standard asp.net account based controls!

I've followed Slavo's instructions as per this blog post;

Slavo's ASP.NET SQL Membership Provider Instructions

This is creating users etc but I am seeing a behaviour that has me puzzled, along the top of the site I have a series of buttons, one set is for authenticated users, the other is for anonymous users, I am using a LoginView control with Anonymous and LoggedIn templates to show hide the correct set, but this is not working, permanently showing the anonymous view, I have searched the forum for similar but could not find an answer, does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

When I authenticate with a user that is from the default provider, using the Default sitefinity login control the LoginView control works as expected...

I have not touched the SecurityConfig.config file as per Slavo's instructions, only the web.config file has been edited.

kind regards,
John C.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi John ,

I was not able to replicate an issue. Since this controls shows dynamic data there might be an issue of you use page caching. I attached a short video that how to control works when you have page caching and when you remove it.
If you use page caching you need to implement cache substitution controls. You can use the standard ASP.NET implementation for this.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed