4.1 SP2 error - Multiple controls with the same ID

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:27

4.1 SP2 error - Multiple controls with the same ID

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi, after upgrading to 4.1SP2 I now get this error when browsing to the 'pages' list in the CMS.

Any ideas?

Type : System.Web.HttpException, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Message : Multiple controls with the same ID 'ctl04$frontendPagesListView$ctl00$ctl00$sidebar$languages' were found. Trace requires that controls have unique IDs.
Source : System.Web
Help link : 
WebEventCode : 0
ErrorCode : -2147467259
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Void AddNewControl(System.String, System.String, System.String, Int32, Int32)
Stack Trace :    at System.Web.TraceContext.AddNewControl(String id, String parentId, String type, Int32 viewStateSize, Int32 controlStateSize)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=4.1.1487.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Stephen,

Please check the following KB Article - http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/kb/sitefinity-4-x/duplicate-control-ids-after-upgrading-to-sitefinity-4-1.aspx
It seems you are upgrading to 4.1SP2 with a version prior to 4.1.

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Georgi,

I'm upgrading from 4.1sp1 which was previously upgraded from 4.0. 4.1sp1 was working fine.

The page receiving the error is the sitefinity/pages though not one of my pages.

I can browse my frontend site without errors.

I was able to resolve the errors by disabling trace outputs in my web.config file but that has not fixed the underlying problem.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Stephen,

You can try querying the database

[sf_control_properties] where nme = 'ID' and change the val property so there are not equal records for val column.

You can check duplicate IDs with simple query

SELECT val, count(val) 'Count'
FROM sf_control_properties where nme = 'ID' GROUP BY val HAVING COUNT(val) > 1

If you are going to change some ids, please use a database backup for this.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2011 00:00

I'm getting the same error with a fresh install/clean db.

When I add the following to the web.config I get the above error.

<trace enabled="true" pageOutput="false" requestLimit="999" localOnly="false" />

Stephen

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Stephen,

I managed to replicate the issue and will log it for further investigation. I updated your points for reporting this issue to us. For the time being you can use WCF service trace

msdn.microsoft.com/.../ms732023.aspx

I suppose that the problem comes from the conditional templates that we use, because there are controls with the same IDs, but we need to spend more time and investigate this deeply.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2011 00:00

hey I am getting the same error, and was not able to solve this one, can you tell me the exact solutions.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

+1 for same error. Was running 4.1 SP1 (1405) with no problems, and have upgraded to 4.1 SP2 and have consistently seen this problem.

This thread is closed