Where is 4.1 SP2?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:46

Where is 4.1 SP2?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi

Where is download link for 4.1 SP2? When I look under my account I only see below.

Regards

Installation  Sitefinity 4.1 SP1 Installation Package (msi, 63 MB) What's included? 
Sitefinity Project Manager 4.1 SP1 (zip, 50 MB)  Latest internal builds What's this?  ProjectManager_4.1.1426.0.zip (.zip, 50 MB) Release notes

I got it from latest internal builds

Markus

WARNING

Important Announcement:

Dear all,
The download of SP2 is temporarily delayed due to investigation of a potential problem. We will provide an update soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Sitefinity Team

So should we be concerned if we have already deployed it to some clients? I know there is no downgrade path available, so holding my breath until we know a little bit more on the issue we should be facing in production sites.

Based on the information I've seen tossed around, the issues are related to performance and occasional missing content for unauthenticated users.  Consequently, it's not ideal for a public web site.  The updated SP2 is expected for delivery tomorrow.  I would recommend upgrading when it's released.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Gabe,

Also make sure when we rebuild the project, it doesn't give an error...

I thought this problem will be fixed in SP2 but it isn't... When I rebuilt a project, it was flagging an error due to missing DLL files... I have to copy those missing DLL's into the bin folder for it to work...

That shouldn't happen and I believe it was introduced with emergency fix after the official release...

Thank you...

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2011 00:00

Might also want to make sure the installer gets updated to say SP2. The download on Monday (4.1.1487) still said SP1.

Hi Luke,

Thanks, we will update the installer label as well.

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello Markus,

We were just updating this thread. Perhaps there was a glitch at that time. Please check it back in 5 minutes.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

The setup program still says this is Sitefinity 4.1 SP1, not SP2. See attached images.

Hi Mike,

Yes, it seems this is the case indeed. We've forgotten about this label. At least the registry key is updated to 4.1 SP2, so the system still detects that this is a new version. 
We will update the installation file immediately with a one with changed label.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Hello Mike,

The label is updated.

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team

@Georgi

This is why I tell everybody that Telerik has the best support on and off the net.

You listen to your customers and when ever possible deliver solutions fast and effcient.

Thanks for SP2 again.

Markus

Is there an SDK available for SP2?

Hello Jon Price,

We will have the SP2 SDK by the end of the week.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2011 00:00

Is the SDK ready?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2011 00:00

I think you should Find this one. lol.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Roberto,

The SDK is ready for download as well. You can find the release notes in the official announcements here. And you can download the Sitefinity SDK 4.1 SP2 file here.

Greetings,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed