general misery

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:50

general misery

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2011 00:00

have been creating a new site with 4.1 and have had a few very odd issues crop up..

1. When moving to live, the dataconfig.config in App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration got wiped out, just an empty file.
2. When rebuilding a solution after editing custom webparts I got the "Telerik.Openaccess.mysql.data" is missing issues, removed the reference and it was fine.
3. Then rebuilt again and every dll was deleted from the bin directory !
4. Had to re-add the references from the "_Emptyproject" folder, then got Telerik.Web.Ui issue with "conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly" - reloaded the dll and it was ok.
5. Still having wierdness with CodeBehind and CodeFile in the @Page declaration, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. No rhyme or reason as far as i can see.

Other than that, seems all funky and good.

tim

I never understood why Telerik refuses to solve this problem...
When I rebuild the project, the DLL's from the bin directory get wiped away (atleast some)... I need to copy them again from Empty Project Folder.

Are you saying we never rebuild the project? Is it asking for too much?

I think Sitefinity community has been too patient till now... Every release has it's own disaster stories...

Hello guys ,

Actually this is an issue with Visual Studio. We are working with MS on solving this, and still haven't found the root cause.
We do not have an interest of not fixing stuff, guys.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed