Is this the web CMS I am looking for?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:12

Is this the web CMS I am looking for?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi all,

We currently have several web sites, some are created in ASP.NET Web Form while some are created in MVC3. All web sites are multi-lingual. Currently the contents are from local resource file or local content files.

We are in the process to evaluate some web CMS systems to have a formal way to manage the contents, there are some requirements:
- No need to totally rewrite exisitng web sites. Prefer CMS can have an easy way to integrate with existing code base;
- CMS must support both ASP.NET web form and MVC3 frameworks;
- Hosted locally side by side with our web servers;

I checked some feature list of sitefinity and still not clear if the product meet my requirements.

Thanks for any input.

Hardy

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Hardy,

I think that we cover 1 and 3. We do not have support for MVC3 framework. If you have MVC3 application it should be maintained separately.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2011 00:00

Thanks, is there a code demo how to integrate with ASP.NET web form?

I can think about is it possible I can wrap and port to MVC3.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Hardy,

If you create a widget it will be added inside the form tag of the page so you can use it to process some data.
If you want just to add some logic using <form> you can again create a wiget that use it ( do not set runat="server") and execute it with a
button.
This works the same as for each other ASP.NET web site/application.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed