Security by Tag

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:52

Security by Tag

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2011 00:00

We have groups of users who are authorized to see certain content, but not others. We would like to make it easy to specify which groups can access which content, so the Tag system seems ideal, but I can't figure out how to enforce a permission to view certain tags.

I would appreciate help in locating the way to stop users from seeing content that has certain tags, or if this is not the correct way to implement secure content, I would like to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks for any help,
Zugbo

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Zugbo,

Currently we do not support permissions for classifications. If possible set permissions over content items, pages and controls with combination with workflow.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2011 00:00

And I really think that you are doing exact right for your site.
I think this one is best Idea.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2011 00:00

realy nice best idea i agree with you

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2011 00:00

Indeed this just the best idea,

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Crystal,

I created a pits for this request, so you can vote for it and rise the priority.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed