would community edition

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:45

would community edition

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2011 00:00

I was asked to do a site for a real estate agent. I was looking at other CMS tools and since I've used Sitefinity on other projects, I was wondering if the community edition would work for the real estate agent. I see that there is a limit of 250 content items, so my question is, since he's mostly posting images and details of the houses he has listed, and added blogs and maybe some news and some local happenings for local real estate agents/brokers, would community edition work for this instance, or would he have to drop the 500 for the standard version?

I know there are free CMS tools out there without limitations, but I have a .net background and I've used sitefinity on other bigger projects

Just want to add, I'm doing that site as a favor do to the agent is a good friend of mine, so I'm volunteering my services for this and since he got ripped off by another company he asked if I could create him a site with a quick turnaround and since the other company charged him a small fortune, he's kind of limited on funds for the time being.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi NewToCMS,

You can certainly create the site using Sitefinity Community edition if the number of content items will be enough as a start. Also you will have to consider how the details for each house will be shown ( a separate page, blog post, news item ) considering and image + news/blog/page is taking up at least 2 of the allowed content items. You can start using community edition and if you reach the limit you can upgrade the license of the project without problem.

Please write back if you need further help.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I thought after reading the spec/requirements on the community edition, that images and blogs didn't go against the content count only things like news, events, content, did?

My thought is to have the details on each house be shown on one details page like I have done for other clients in the past. The only thing he's really going to be adding is houses and blogging once a week if that many times. Most of the content on the site will be shared items from other sources

Hi NewToCMS,

You can review the license comparison here. And images and blog posts are counted as content items. If you are using a shared content which is not published into Sitefinity Community edition may be suitable for this project.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ok, though I'm a little confused because one section has this:
The number of blogs and images is unlimited. The total number of news, events, videos, documents and generic content should not exceed 250.

and another section has this:
Content Item is a discrete item of content that is placed on the website created using the Software, including news reports, video images, event notices, and documents, blog posts, and still images.

so is blogs and blog post two seperate things and are whats the difference between images and still images?

I'm just trying to help him out without breaking his bank like the other company did

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello NewToCMS,

Every item from content type is counted towards the maximum allowed number of items. So blogs will be counted as well as blog posts. The images that are part of the Images module are counted towards content. If you use still images (images that are not part of Sitefinity content as images referenced in master pages or trough css and are taken from the file system). Now the explanation in the license comparison page is really unclear and I contacted our sales team in order to edit it.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed