URL Rewrite Random Issue(s)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:08

URL Rewrite Random Issue(s)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

Good morning,

I noticed this morning quite a strange issue and wondered if anybody else had spotted it.  On IIS if I turn on the LowerCaseRule in URL Rewriting, this stops me being able to log into Analytics from the sitefinity backend.  It will stay on the "loading analytics" page indefinately...with no error.

If I disable this rule I can log in and view the analytics. 

I also noticed a similar issue with the SF backend and another Url rule.  If I enable the RemoveTrailingSlash Rule...This will prevent me getting into "Pages", "Content", "Design" etc...With a pushed 307 error.  I then get the option to disable future dialogues...which will stop the erros but I am still unable to view the pages.  Again...If i disable this the system works fine. 

I am currently running on the latest and greatest SP2 for SF4. 

It is not killing me...I just wondered if anybody else has noticed this issue?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi James Greaves,

Thank you for reporting the problem. I have managed to reproduce it locally and I have created a PITS issue for this item. I have set the business priority of this bug to very high as having consistent URLs is important for SEO of your website. We will treat the Analytics issue together with this one with the same priority as it was confirmed as well.

I have updated your Telerik points for reporting the bug. Please let us know if you have any other feedback that you want to share with us.

All the best,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

Thanks Hristo!

Glad to contribute something back to the community.  I look forward to seeing the resolution as my SEO is battered at the moment. 

This thread is closed