Facebook feed

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:56

Facebook feed

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

Hai,
 I wana add facebook feed in my sitefinity 4.1 website. Could you tell me either Sitefinity 4.1 has this feature or not? If not then how long You are going to include it in sitefinity 4.1.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Khizar,

Can you please specify the use case scenario you want to implement, especially concerning the Facebook feed itself. Sitefinity offers a powerful and flexible RSS/Twitter feed functionality allowing you to both export Sitefinity content and Import external RSS Feeds as Sitefinity content. Please take a look at Configuring the RSS widget and this section of our online Documentation and let me know if the functionality you demand differs from what is described, maybe we can come up with some workaround. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2011 00:00

Hai Telerik team,

You said right that Sitefinity has widget for Twitter and RSS but I need feature for Facebook. I need to display feeds of a Facebook user on my sitefinity web page. I just need to import wall postings on Facebook to my website.  Hope you understand my requirement.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Khizar,

Thank you for getting back to us. Like I mentioned in my previous reply, you can use the widget to import the facebook data in Sitefinity through our publishing system. The only requirement is that you provide Sitefinity with a valid RSS feed. For your use case scenario you can get this RSS from facebook, I believe you will find this page useful in achieving this. Please do not hesitate to write back if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

Just to follow up on this, I have created a twitter feed to place in my page but from looking at my generated feed and from working through the documentation, this only provides a link in my feed widget that links to another page where the feed appears.

What I want is a widget that displays 5 latest tweets within my page where I can click any Urls in those tweets and go to a new site to view the item. Do I have to write a custom widget for this? 

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Paul,

If that's the desired functionality, why not import the feed as Sitefinity content (e.g. News) - this will allow you to specify the feed to include the latest 5 tweets, and you can customize the widget template to display only the relevant information (in your case links to the items).

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed