List Items not updating

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:54

List Items not updating

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

Has anyone ever experienced list items not updating? For some reason, after editing and publishing, content is not updating. What's strange is that all other properties such at title, tags, and description will update. 

Currently, the only way I can get around this is to delete the list item, add save a new one with updated content. 

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Jon,

Unfortunately, I did not manage to reproduce this behavior on my side with 4.1 SP 2? Could you please tell us which version of the Sitefinity you are using? Do you have Workflow or localization set? How your list widget is configured? Are you using custom widget  templates? Could you please send  us the steps you follow or screenshots? 

Greetings,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2011 00:00

I'm currently using 4.1.1395.0. No localization or workflow had been set. The only custom configuration of the list widget was that I added tags and categories as options to be to set when creating a list item. 

I was logging into the admin site, going to content -> lists and selecting a list item to edit. I could successfully update all properties except for the content in the editor.

Luckily, we're in a trial phase and had not imported a large amount of content. I was able to create a new project and get back to where we were fairly quickly. We have a few people poking around during our evaluation period and I'm assuming that we must have hosed something up. It would just be nice to what it could be since we hadn't altered anything on the admin pages.

Thanks for the quick response.  

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Jon,

I have tried to reproduce the problem locally with 4.1.1395.0 installed and I could not find any problem like the one you described. Please see attached video and let me know if I'm missing something. . As a next step would you give us an access to the problematic website back-end?

Regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed