Additional URLs randomly not working

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:31

Additional URLs randomly not working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

I added an additional url for a page.  And starting out, it wasn't working, but eventually it suddenly worked for some reason.  Later, it wasn't working again.  I'm not sure, but I'm wondering if casing has something to do with it, since it seemed to work after changing the casing on a word.  This was a backend page actually, so I don't know if that has to do with anything.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Ryan,

We've tried to reproduced your issue, but unfortunately without success. There is no output caching for the backend pages so caching will be hardly an issue here. Please, could you try to provide some scenario/steps that we can follow so we can investigate the issue ?

Best wishes,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

Here is an example of one of the alternate URLs that I am using for my page.
~/Sitefinity/Contents/seminars/event-item-from-schedule

I recently updated Sitefinity to the latest version, however I am still getting the same problem.

I've tried manipulating the casing manually in the address bar a few times, and occasionally can get it to appear after that.  However, the behavior is rather unpredictable.  Usually, once the page comes up the first time, it consistently comes up correctly for the first few minutes.

Also, I am doing this with backend pages.

I am also using a custom template based on the default backend template for my backend pages.  It has a few layout placeholders defined using the layout editor.

Some other properties checked for this page:
-Allow search engine to index this page
-Enable ViewState
-Caching options: No Caching

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Ryan,

Have you tried it with a different browser, just to be sure that this is not a client caching issue?

All the best,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2011 00:00

I tried as you said.  Still nothing.  The page is not found.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

I'm still having a problem with this.  Are there any plans on fixing this?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Ryan Dailey,

Your additional URL is:
"~/Sitefinity/Contents/seminars/event-item-from-schedule"
But you are trying to open (at least as I see it in the screen-shot you have sent us):
"~/Sitefinity/Content/seminars/event-item-from-schedule?..."
There is a difference in the second segment of the two URLs. Maybe this is the problem?

All the best,
Ivan Pelovski
the Telerik team

This thread is closed