URL Mapping

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:20

URL Mapping

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have several online applications available from the website that are hosted in separated servers, and they are currently linked to the website through URL space mapping. If I were to switch to Sitefinity for the website, does Sitefinity handle this? We are currently using proxy pass to map the URL.

Regards,
Adrian

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Adrian,

Would you mind giving us some more details about your requirement? From the context is not clear what the desired results is. What is "URL space mapping"  and how it is actually working? Do you use some standard ASP.NET implementation for this?

Regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I have two applications residing on other servers and they go by the following domains:
   1.   app1.domain1.com.sg/registration.aspx
   2.   app2.domain1.com.sg/e-services.jsp

I would like to map them to:
   1.   www.domain1.com.sg/registration.aspx
   2.   www.domain1.com.sg/e-services.aspx

When I access www.domain1.com.sg/registration.aspx, it is actually accessing to app1.domain1.com.sg. The URL displayed will also be www.domain1.com.sg/registration.aspx. At no point in time should app1.domain1.com.sg be displayed to the users.

Is it possible to achieve this with Sitefinity 4 based on the above scenario? If yes, how can we achieve that?

Regards,
Adrian

Hello Adrian,

But you are talking about something like domain redirection, which is out of the scope of Sitefinity. Sitefinity is a web application. The IIS (Internet Information Service) is responsible for managing web applications. This can be achieved with appropriate network administration, however Sitefinity has nothing to do with this.

Please let me know if I misunderstand something.

Regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed