How can I link to a specific part of another page

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:34

How can I link to a specific part of another page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2011 00:00

Sorry if this is a noob question but how do I link to a specific point on another page? I have several long pages and I want to link to text down the page from the top.
Using anchor: <a name=”label”></a>A Heading Part Way Down the Page
<a name=”label”></a>A Heading Part Way Down the Page
doesn't work as the page links are dynamic and changes I make to those lins are either stripped when the html is validated or simply breaks the link. I also tried to specific generic items lower on the page but could not get that to work either.
My thanks in advance for your assistance.
Marc

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2011 00:00

Whoops...should have posted to 3xxx, sorry.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2012 00:00

Actually this is not a bad question. I have been trying to figure this out myself. The documentation (http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/content-writer-s-guide/the-text-editor/inserting-and-removing-hyperlinks) seems to indicate that you can do it quite easily but I haven't been able to get it to work. I also want to be able to use a list control to automatically list the anchors on the page.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2012 00:00

Actually this is not a bad question. I have been trying to figure this out myself. The documentation (http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/content-writer-s-guide/the-text-editor/inserting-and-removing-hyperlinks) seems to indicate that you can do it quite easily but I haven't been able to get it to work. I also want to be able to use a list control to automatically list the anchors on the page.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2012 00:00

Having the same issue. Why is it so hard for end users to insert anchor tags on pages? I add them manually most of the time, but surely there is an easier way for the non technical. Anyone have any suggestions?

This thread is closed