\App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\SecurityConfig.config'

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:41

\App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\SecurityConfig.config' because it is being used by another process.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

I deployed my site on server and it was working fine but after some time it was giving following message.
\App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\SecurityConfig.config' because it is being used by another process.

Please Let know the issue. tell me also is it known issue or not?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Waqar,

Most probably the asp.net process has locked the file

1. Restart the application / iis server and the file should be released.
2. Make sure that the asp.net worker process as read /write permissions over App_Data/Sitefinity folder
3. If the problem continues you can use a third party tool to see what exactly locks the file and why, but in most cases this is caused by insufficient permissions.
4.Try running the project through another machine or our Project Manager to narrow down this issue. 

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

My client has got this application deployed on a public server and therefor I cannot restart the iis server in such a condition.
This issue is not occurring on local machines, whether we use you server or the asp.net server possibly because they have enough permissions on our local machines.
Please provide a proper solution for this kind of an issue for public servers.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Moiz,

Check the App_Data permissions. From the description you are providing this is an infrastructure issue. Here are our deployment instructions

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed