Language resource files

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:00

Language resource files

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

I am using Sitefinity4.1.
How can i set language resource files for Arabic and English in my project.Please help.....

Hello Rakesh,

To get the resource files you must download them from Sitefinity marketplace. To install them please follow this article.

Please write back if you need more assistance.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hai Stanislav Velikov ,

Thanks for your fast reply.
I want to implement it in the frontend also.What I actually want is ,their will be Dropdown to select the languages.
The site should be loaded on the basis of selected language..Is it possible..?can u please help for this too...
Thanks in advance...

Hi Rakesh,

You can use language selector widget in order to select different languages you have in your site. The widget will allow you to show your content in the selected language if you have translated it.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2011 00:00

Hai Stanislav Velikov ,
First of all thanks for your good support.I implemented the language selection (Arabic) according to the tutorial given by you,and the language changed to Arabic.In Arabic format when I click on " Administration -> Settings ",I got this error.

Specified time is not supported in this calendar. It should be between 04/30/1900 00:00:00 (Gregorian date) and 05/13/2029 23:59:59 (Gregorian date), inclusive.
Parameter name: time

What mistake I have done ?How can I go back to English ?

Can u help me ...

Thanks,
 Rakesh

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Rakesh,

I also installed the Arablic language pack set it as default language for Sitefinity backend, but was unable to reproduce the error. As the error message indicates the time you set is not supported because you should use dates in the Georgian calendar. Can you tell me what changes have you made or what changes has been made previously concerning dates in your project? To go back to English try removing arabic from Resources.config located in App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration or navigate to Interface Labels and Messages. Can you navigate to other pages in Sitefinity? Is the frontend giving an error too?

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2011 00:00

Hai Stanislav Velikov ,
I did nothing regarding the date format,and their is no error in the front end.yes I can go other pages in the navigation and no problem.
I have one more question also.How can I change the layout form English to Arabic( means right to left alignment).Please see the attachments.Does Sitefinity provide  any inbuilt functionality for this ?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Rakesh,

To enable right to left in your frontend content just as shown in the screenshot you provided you need to put this css rule in the theme of your template. For more information on themes and how to register them refer to the documentation. Another option to put the css in a CSS widget and use it only for some pages.

body 

font-family: Georgia; 
        color: black
        font-size: 12px
        background: white
        direction: rtl

To set English the default language again go to App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/ResourcesConfig.config and set defaultCultureKey="english-en".

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed