Upload template (Sitefinity 4.x)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:38

Upload template (Sitefinity 4.x)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi there.

I am using sitefinity 4.1 for web devoplopement.I downloaded some free templates from Sitefinity Marketplace.Now i want to use them on my projects.Firstly i created a path that  "~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/YourTemplate/App_Master/. ".Then i extracted the downloaded template(.zip file).

Later i created a template page and clicked on upolad a template button.Uploaded .master file of current extracted template.All gone well but now there are only blank layout fields on the page.There is nothing similar with screenshots of downloaded template.I think there is no connection between .master file and other files.Can you help me to fix this problem.

Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Can,

I believe you will find the Marketplace Template Installation Guide from our Designer's Guide very useful in getting you started on how to apply the downloaded template to your website.  Please let us know if you have any additional questions, we'll be glad to help.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Telerik.

Thank you Boyan,you solved my main problem.

Now i want to change images on the template.

For example: i downloaded free "SolarFlare" template from sitefinity marketplace.Registered and applied its own theme on it.However the images on applied theme are not able to edit or delete.What should i do to upload my own images and contents to their place.

Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Can,

You can examine the templates provided and the CSS that's contained in the theme. An alternative would be to use a developer's tool like FireBUg and inspect the elements of interest and see the CSS applied to them - you'll need to revise this CSS in the theme so you can load your own images.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed