Custom Content Type Builder

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:36

Custom Content Type Builder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

Where is this "Custom content type builder" requiring little or no coding you promised about a year ago and still listed in your core features list?

Having upgraded from 3.7 to the Sitefinity 4 Enterprise edition, our organisation is very disappointed with the lack of migration support from 3.7 to 4. The tool is very buggy (too many issues to list here)

We are also very disappointed with the broken promise of a custom content type builder. When will this be available ?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Hc,

We are going to create a blog post today, which you will enjoy - it shares the direction we are taking with the migration tool.

As for the custom content type builder, we are having custom fields via UI for now. We are not sure when the full blown Custom Content Type Builder will appear for the time being.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2011 00:00

Is there any updates on a custom content type builder? It is a core concept in "content management" which is showing up in many modern CMS's (Orchard, Drupal, etc). Please reconsider the importance of this.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2011 00:00

+1 for this

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

+100000 for this feature to be included.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi,

We won't be able to do the custom content type builder module for the 4.3 release. We will come back to this feature once again after the 4.3 though. Your feedback and request did not go to a black hole :).

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

This feature would eliminate the need for creating custom modules by at least half. The module creation process in 4.2 is almost unchanged which makes this even a more requested feature. The Sitefinity Module Template in Visual Studio does not alleviate either. Thanks for listening :)

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

+a google.

I'm not suggesting this product to clients anymore until this is done!!!

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

@Patrick

It's now on the 4.3 Roadmap to be done in the next few months :)

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

Cool, hopefully it is ready by the time I'm finished with the current project.  I would hate to have to suggest Ektron as 1 of 2 choices.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello,

Thanks for all the feedback guys. We recognized this feature as an important and priority one, so indeed, we've put in on the speedline. Of course, that wouldn't have been possible with your opinions.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team

@Georgi
That's why I always pay the hard earned moneys to the telerik instead of to the DevXpress' ;)

Thanks for the input.  If you stay tuned, I'll be posting an easier aproach to module creation later today.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2012 00:00

Download Sitefinity 4.4... It has an awesome module builder!!!

Thanks Telerik, you just made my job a 1000 times easier.

This thread is closed