Are virtual directories allowed within sitefinity site?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:50

Are virtual directories allowed within sitefinity site?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2011 00:00

If I put sitefinity in charge of my site (www.website.com) and have a virtual directory pointing to a .NET site/application that isn't controlled by sitefinity (www.website.com/helloworld) is that allowed? If so, is there a special way to set that up? I want sitefinity to control my site but I need to have a handful of virtual directories that point non-sitefinity sites/applications. Right now I'm having trouble with this. I'm getting 404 errors and some other issues with web.config inheritance that I can't get rid of for the life of me.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Jaime ,

I don't see a problem with the setup - Sitefinity application and other .NET application. You can crate a new website and put Sitefintiy in its root. Then create a new virtual directory under Sitefinty's website that will host your other .NET application. Here it would be better if both the applications are build on .NET 4.0 . You should also break the applications web.config inheritance.

www.colincochrane.com/.../Disabling-Configuration-Inheritance-For-ASPNET-Child-Applications.aspx

In some places you need to explicitly use clear or remove  tags to break the inheritance. In most of the cases this happens in handlers section.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

Well, I thought I had tried that already but it didn't work. But regardless, it works now. Thanks!

This thread is closed