Change navigation style

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:08

Change navigation style

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

I added navigation widget to the page and would like to know how do change the style? How do I override the default style for the navigation widget?

Thanks,
~Pik

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Pik,

There are many ways to do it. You can create a theme for your pages examine the css classes used for the navigation and make changes to them. I have attached 2 videos demonstrating how I make some changes to navigation css classes. You may need to use !important at some declarations where there is overwriting of style rules. Use firebug to examine exactly which classes are applied to the navigation elements. The default styles can not be completely removed since the styles are added from the assemblies of the rad control creating the menu.
Other option if you don`t want to use a Theme is to use one of the built in skins and enter its name in the Navigation widget backend -> expand Design Settings and enter the name in Css Wrapper Class (skin) textbox.
You can enter the name of a css document you want to apply to the menu in this box too.
Other option is to create a css document with styles for the navigation and use Css Widget on the page ( or template) to add this styles when the page is requested.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/295/283794_5F00_SubMenu.rar:320:240]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/295/283793_5F00_Menu.rar:320:240]

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed