Multi-Tenant (subdomain) support

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:19

Multi-Tenant (subdomain) support

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

I am evaluating Sitefinity 4.1.  In particular, I am very interested in how I would leverage the CMS to support a multi-tenant Saas-based model in which each specific customer (a company) would have a unique and branded subdomain (abccompany.saasservice.com) that would provide the customer access to our service.  This allows unique skinning/branding as well as optional functionality for a specific customer.

I found the following thread in the forums:

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-3-x/developing-with-sitefinity/one-site-multiple-customers.aspx

This solution points to another link that implies the need to link a specific page with each sub-domain.  As I see most of the functionality (including login) being the same across customers, I'm not sure this is the most effective solution.  Is there any way to override the base page rendering functionality (like standard System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreInit) to intercept the domain portion of the URL and then do something from that point?  Are there any hooks into the Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.IIS6.DefaultAspxPage class?

I also see this multi-tenant model using a separate and distinct database for each customer, with the Sitefinity database being used for the web site content only.  Does this raise any concerns or limitations of Sitefinity that I should be aware of?

I appreciate any ideas on this!

Thanks!
Brian

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Brian,

The license key is valid for all subdomains of yoursite.com( subdomain.yoursite.com and subdomain2.yoursite.com ) and its child applications that host Sitefinity websites (yoursite.com/child).
You should not change the host header otherwise the trial message will appear.

You can use several databases for your project if you need to. Add them in your App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/DataConfig.config and refer to this post.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed