Change Date/Owner column in admin

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:25

Change Date/Owner column in admin

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2011 00:00

In the admin view of Sitefinity, is there any way to change the column for "Date/Owner" to "Date Last Edited/Last Edited By"?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Suzanne,

Yes, you can easily achieve this by going to Sitefinity backend - > Administration ->Interface Labels & Messages
and search for "DateOwner" (without the quotes). Change the value and restart the application, and the new label should be applied.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello,

I think what Suzanne needed was change the entire column, not just the labels. 

I think is more useful to have information of the last modification done to the page (ie: last date modified and last modified by) than just date/owner. 

That's what I need... How can I achieve this ?

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2012 00:00

Hi,

Someone from Telerik could give some advice about that ?

Thanks,

John.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi,

Anyone can answer this please?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi,

I am having the same question. Can anyone answer this please?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello guys,

You can easily configure the Date/Owner column (and any other column in the Sitefinity list views) to display different value depending on your use case scenario.

What you need to keep in mind, is that the list views are bound using AJAX, so they make a service call, and can display the returned data. In other words, if you are to stick with minimum modifications, i.e. simply changing the configuration values in Sitefinity backend you can display only the properties that are returned by the service's ViewModel. You can easily check which are these properties and their values by using web browser developer tools, for example FireBug, and inspect the response from the particular service call.

On the other hand extension scripts offer much broader scope for modifications, but require more development skills and JavaScript MS AJAX knowledge, so these are a topic fopr anopther discussion. if you are interested in the concept you can review some of the available resources we've published for extension scripts in the backend (blog post 1, blog post 2, blog post 3, blog post 4)

Now back on the current topic. As we mentioned earlier our goal is to change the value displayed in the Date/Owner column with minimum development effort. By default Sitefinity binds the data value int he Date/Owner column using the DateCreated property of the page. In the ViewModel returned from the PagesService you can find two additional dates available as child properties under the PageLifecycleStatus property - LastModified, and PublicationDate.

Let's take PageLifecycleStatus.LastModified for example.
You can go to Sitefinity Backend -> Administration->Settings->Advanced->ContentView->Controls->FrontendPages->Views->FrontendPagesListView -> ViewModes ->TreeTable -> Columns -> DateOwner

In the list of of properties on the right-hand side of the screen change the ClientTemplate property value from:

<span> (DateCreated) ? DateCreated.sitefinityLocaleFormat('dd MMM, yyyy hh:mm') : '-' </span>                                   <span class='sfLine'>Owner ? Owner : ''</span>

to
<span> (PageLifecycleStatus.LastModified) ? PageLifecycleStatus.LastModified.sitefinityLocaleFormat('dd MMM, yyyy hh:mm') : '-' </span>                                   <span class='sfLine'>Owner ? Owner : ''</span>

Click on Save Changes and you're done - the Date/Owner column for Pages list view will now display the last modified date of your page data instead of the DateCreated value.

I hope you found the above information useful.

Best Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi guys,

I wanted to thank you for letting us know of the need to have such resources available. We have prepared a blog post on the topic, elaborating in a bit more details about this functionality, which is going to be published soon, and we'll start gradually working on a new section for our Documentation covering the different backend modifications that can be done.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed