PageServices.svc error 404 , NOT Found

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:44

PageServices.svc error 404 , NOT Found

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2011 00:00

i installed SF 4.0 SP 2 on my shared hosting server ,
home page displays oki , After login to Administrator side.. Dashborad is oki as well,
but Clicking "Pages" gives following error

""NetworkError: 404 Not Found - epnet.rt-projects.com/.../
"

help please...

Regards,
Atta 

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Atta,

The website is throwing 404 errors for calls to the WCF services. This would indicate that the handler mappings for the services are not applied properly. Please make sure that you have the SVC and XAMLX mappings as in the attached image if you have access to your IIS setup. If you are using shared hosting please consult our deployment guide and also our hosting partners page which provide best hosting experience with Sitefinity. Can you tell me if you experience the error when you set up your project locally and use VS or the Project Manager to host it?

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2015 00:00

Victor, 

I have the same problem as well in my test environment.  I currently have 3 Sitefinity projects running on there and all of a sudden I cannot access any editing.  This is the error I receive from Fiddler.

404 Error

URL: trwdtest/.../

I have both the SVC and XAMLX mappings you have mentioned. 

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2015 00:00

Here's a PowerShell script I wrote to map the handlers for you:

# Set this to the web app path
$appNamePath = "IIS:\Sites\Default Web Site\"

Write-Host ("Installing IIS Mapping Handlers.")
  $exists = Get-WebHandler -name "*.svc" -PSPath $appNamePath -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
  if( !$exists )
    New-WebHandler -Name "*.svc" -Path *.svc -Verb '*' -PSPath $appNamePath -Type "System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHttpHandlerFactory, System.ServiceModel.Activation, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"

$exists = Get-WebHandler -name "*.svc (script)" -PSPath $appNamePath -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
  if( !$exists )
    New-WebHandler -Name "*.svc (script)" -Path *.svc -Verb '*' -Modules IsapiModule -PSPath $appNamePath -ScriptProcessor "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" -ResourceType "unspecified" -preCondition "classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness32"

$exists = Get-WebHandler -name "*.xamlx" -PSPath $appNamePath -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
  if( !$exists )
    New-WebHandler -Name "*.xamlx" -Path *.xamlx -Verb '*' -PSPath $appNamePath -Type "System.Xaml.Hosting.XamlHttpHandlerFactory, System.Xaml.Hosting, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"

$exists = Get-WebHandler -name "*.xamlx (script)" -PSPath $appNamePath -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
  if( !$exists )
    New-WebHandler -Name "*.xamlx (script)" -Path *.xamlx -Verb '*' -Modules IsapiModule -PSPath $appNamePath -ScriptProcessor "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" -ResourceType "unspecified" -preCondition "classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness32"

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2015 00:00

Just in case it could help someone. I had this issue on one of my servers.

Make sure WCF is fully installed in "Windows programs and features. -> .NET 3.5 -> WCF".

This thread is closed