Show Comments under Blogs

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:27

Show Comments under Blogs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello,

I am an admin on the site and when I click on 'Go Comment' for any blog item from the front end, only the blog content is displayed, but NOT the comments block. I am not using any custom template for the blogs(but not sure if any changes were made), it's just using 'Full blog post item' as the template.
I have set Allow Comments to 'True' under

1) Administration->Settings->Advanced->Blogs->Comments Settings
2) Individual Blog Item

The 'Full blog post item' template seems to be perfect for me. Are there any other places where I need to change the settings or Is there any mistake with the 'Full blog post item' template below?

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>   

<telerik:RadListView ID="SingleItemContainer" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemContainer" AllowPaging="False" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
    <LayoutTemplate>
        <div class="sfpostDetails">
            <div class="sfpostLinksWrp">
                <sf:MasterViewHyperLink class="sfpostBack" Text="<%$ Resources:BlogResources, allposts %>" runat="server" />
            </div>
            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemContainer" runat="server" />
        </div>
    </LayoutTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <sf:FieldListView ID="PostTitle" runat="server"
            Text="0" Properties="Title"
            WrapperTagName="h1" WrapperTagCssClass="sfpostTitle"
        />
        <div class="sfpostAuthorAndDate">
            <asp:Literal ID="Literal2" Text="<%$ Resources:Labels, By %>" runat="server" />
            <sf:PersonProfileView runat="server" />
            <sf:FieldListView ID="PostDate" runat="server"
                Format=" | PublicationDate.ToLocal():MMM dd, yyyy"
            />
        </div>
        <sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="BrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Edit,Delete,Unpublish"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar>
        <sf:FieldListView ID="PostContent" runat="server"
            Text="0" Properties="Content"
            WrapperTagName="div" WrapperTagCssClass="sfpostContent"
        />
        <sf:ContentView
             id="commentsListView"
             ControlDefinitionName="BlogsCommentsFrontend"
             DetailViewName="CommentsMasterView"
             ContentViewDisplayMode="Master"
             runat="server" />
        <sf:ContentView
             id="commentsDetailsView"
             ControlDefinitionName="BlogsCommentsFrontend"
             DetailViewName="CommentsDetailsView"
             ContentViewDisplayMode="Detail"
             runat="server" />
    </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>

Thanks,
Dinesh

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Dinesh,

Indeed the template looks OK, and if the settings are enabled, I don't see a reason for this behavior. I would kindly ask you to provide me temporary login credentials to your site's backend (you can open a support thread and send them over, or drop me a line at boyan[dot]barnev[at]telerik[dot]com so I can inspect this further.
By the way we had a client reporting a similar behavior - when clicking on the go comment link the page was simply refreshing. It turned out to be a bug caused by our regular expression for blog posts URL not parsing properly the '.' character. For instance a blog with title "hello.-world-welcome-to-our-experiment." would cause this behavior. The bug has been addressed and we are working on providing a fix for it. Please examine your blog post URLs and let me know if this particular scenario applies to them as well. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed