Share content between sites

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:54

Share content between sites

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2011 00:00

How should we go about sharing between sites? I'm thinking of adding a custom field to site A that indicates that its content can be shared with site B. Then in site B creating a custom widget that allows users to pick from the shared content in site A and display it in read only mode. Does this sound like a good way to go? Does anybody have a better method?

Cheers,

Brian

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Brian,

1. In App_Data/Sitefinity/Configurations/DataConfig you should declare the connection string to the other server from where you will get your data

2.From the configurations ( Sitefinity/Administration/Settings >> Advanced) you should create a new provider for the module you are going to share. For your provider you need to add one parameter - connectionString

Check this forum post for reference

www.sitefinity.com/.../sharing-content-across-multiple-sites.aspx

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

How do I make the content read only? I would like the content of site A to be accessible to site B but only in read only mode.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Brian,

You can try to set some permissions over the content items per provider. You can set deny permission for modifying the items for all users except the administrators or make similar configuration based on your case.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

How do you do that?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Brian,

Once you set second data provider and go to Permissions of News module ( or other content module) you should see a drop down with both the providers, so you can set permissions per provider.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2011 00:00

I'm trying to share content blocks. I don't see that as an option

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Brian Crosby,

We have replied to you in the support thread you have opened, unfortunately we do not offer the functionality to set global permissions on content blocks, you can adjust this on the page level only, but that you for pointing out the need for one, we'll see if we can include this for the upcoming releases.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed