Database Schema Error - Downgrade?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:21

Database Schema Error - Downgrade?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2011 00:00

We are getting this error:
The database schema version (1524) is higher than the running Sitefinity version (1501). Downgrade is not allowed.
This is pretty urgent, and I'm hoping someone on here has an answer or has dealt with this issue before and can point us in the right direction.

No changes, no upgrades, nothing...just out of the blue it seems.

Thanks in advance!

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

Having the same problem with :

The database schema version (1501) is higher than the running Sitefinity version (1487). Downgrade is not allowed.

I've created a new project in 1501 build and cannot access the website.
The project version is 1501 and the license has the version 1501.

Thank you

LE:I found the solution : I created a new project ,configure it and ran it to test that everything works on the backend. I then copied the bin folder files from the new project over my old project's files and now the error is fixed.

Hello,

Errors of type "The database schema version (1524) is higher than the running Sitefinity version (1501)." are thrown when you change the dlls of the project but you have not upgrade it following our upgrade instructions. The error indicates difference between the database version and dlls version. In the database table [sf_schema_vrsns] there is a column [version_number] which holds the actual project version.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Seems one of the items in the bin folder must have been our issue as well. We hadn't started the upgrade process or even overwrote anything, not sure what exactly happened but we simply replaced the bin files and that did the trick as well.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

I upgraded my Sitefinity 4.1 to 4.2 on my localhost successfully and then I published the site to our staging site where I then get the following error.

The database schema version (1679) is higher than the running Sitefinity version (1501). Downgrade is not allowed.

So the site works perfectly on my localhost but as soon as I publish to our staging server there are errors.

Steps I have taken:

1. We use SourceSafe for version control, so everyone has a copy of a Sitefinity project on their machines.
2. We use one central db sitting on our internal staging server so that everyone can add content to it.
3. All files checked out using SourceSafe.
4. Downloaded and installed latest version of Project manager.
4. Upgrade done using Project Manager on locahost. (successfully)
5. Copy files from Visual studio to staging site.

Error message appears when reloading site.

Would appreciate some insight into this please?

Cheers,
James

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi James@Nw,

Can you please make sure that the Configuration files and binaries you are uploading on your server, along with the project files match the upgraded database. If there is a mismatch between the versions specified, the database will try to upgrade automatically, and in this case it throws a valid exception if it's forced to perform downgrade.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2012 00:00

I have followed the upgrade instructions numerous times to try to upgrade an existing 4.3 project to 4.4 and it never works properly. I have the 4.3 project in the project manager, select upgrade, which it does...and then recompile and run the project. The site comes up as a Sitefinity 4.3 site and it never attempts to upgrade the database...only the files. I have done it 4-5 times now with the same result every time. Need some help.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2012 00:00

Brett, are you looking at the table where all the versions are recorded, and since you cant see the 4.4, you decide that it has not upgraded the database? If so, then try using the system a little bit. Create a page or some content. also, whilst you do that, keep checking that table. I think you will find that as you use the system, things get updated on the fly and eventually you will start seeing the new version in that table. It will start getting recorded against modules that you have used. At least that was my experience, if I remember correctly.

This thread is closed