one site - mulitple languages

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:57

one site - mulitple languages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

I have a request to build one site via sitefinity, however it needs to give the users options to change the language to English, German, and Spanish, I know within Sitefinity there is a language option on the backend, however, how can I make the option available on the front end to my users

Hi Nutositefinity,

When you open Sitefinity's page editor, under Navigation toobox section there is "Language selector" control that you can use.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ok, thanks, one more question, do I have to translate each page to the correct langauge by hand or is there something within sitefinity to do that? Meaning, do I have to create the site in english, then translate that to spanish, then to english, and then provide the users the dropdown, or is there something that can do that for me within sitefinity?

I really don't want to translate this site by hand if I don't have to

Hello Nutositefinity,

When you have more than one language you can have split and sync pages. Split pages - you should update each of the language version separately, since when you use in sync mode when you update one page version, all other page language versions are updated. This is what we have out of the box.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I see that but its not in the native language, for example, if I add content to my english version page and sync it across the board to spanish and german, when I select spanish or german from the dropdown, I see the english text, so what I'm asking is, will sitefinity actually translate the content to the appropriate language or do I have to enter the content in as english for the english site, spanish for the spanish site and so on?

This thread is closed