Standart login customizing

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:34

Standart login customizing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

I am trying to customize a standart login page. I've overrided the control template for Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm control at Administration->Settings->ViewMap configuration section. But I can't add my stylesheet file in this template. I've try to add ResourceFile in ResourceLinks control like this:
    <sitefinity:ResourceFile Name="Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/Homesite/App_Themes/Homesite/css/Login.css" />

but it isn't working. The css file can be received by this link in browser "~/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/Homesite/App_Themes/Homesite/css/Login.css"

Also I've tried to ovveride OnInit and add this styleshit file from code like this:

<script runat="server">
    protected override void OnInit(EventArgs e)

HtmlHead head = (HtmlHead)Page.Header;
        HtmlLink link = new HtmlLink();
        link.Attributes.Add("href", "/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/Homesite/App_Themes/Homesite/css/Login.css");
        link.Attributes.Add("type", "text/css");
        link.Attributes.Add("rel", "stylesheet");
        head.Controls.Add(link);

base.OnInit(e);

</script>

but I'm failed again. What am I doing wrong?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Vyacheslav,

If you add the style tags directly into the template do you get the styles applied? Can you check whether your styles are not overridden somehow and you need to use css properties like !important?

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi, Ivan 

I've tried to add the css style directly into template like this:

<style type="text/css">
     .login-popup-m

color:Red;

</style>

This style was applied to the test div I added. 

Styles in Login.css are specific, also Firebug shows me that there wasn't overrided styles. I've noticed that the Login conrol template doesn't contains any css style links but they are present on a login page. Does it means that these links were added to the login page instead of adding in control template? Is it possible to add link to my file in this way?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Vyacheslav,

You can try with

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="~/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/Homesite/App_Themes/Homesite/css/Login.css">

All the best,
Jordan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi,

I want to change the branding/styles of the admin login page. I havent had any luck doing that so far. Could someone please share some info if you know how to achieve this? I want to change the header banner (black bar), and want to change the background bamboo image of the login control.

Thanks,
Duneel

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Duneel,

This can be achieved only with backend theme. You can download the Sitefinity SDK - in the Education starter the login page is customized and there isn't any difference between the front-end and back-end customization.

Best wishes,
Jordan
the Telerik team

This thread is closed