Mass load of content

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:23

Mass load of content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  As are building out sitefinity, we have a group that is focused solely on generating content that needs to be available at go-live.  We're talking about thousands of content items that will be generated outside the system (as the system won't be ready for content in take until about a month b4 go-live) so i was hoping I could find a way to take content stored in some format and do a mass content load into the system.  Does anyone know of a way to do this in Sitefinity?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Shane,

If you can use Rss feed, we provider  Rss feed item importer that will generate content items based on the rss items you set. Another option is using some custom tool that works in a similar way like our migration tool

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2011 00:00

RSS feeds are certainly an option as we are planning to utilize google docs to being the initial collection.  Where can I find more information about the RSS item importer?  Specifically I need to find out what the requirements are and if there are any limitations or formatting constraints I need to worry about as the content collection begins.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Shane,

Here is the documentation on Feeds & notifications. You can import from rss, atom nad e-mail and publish the imported content as news and blogs. To observe how the feed is read from our rss reeder simply create a feed for one of your Sitefinity blogs and observe the xml output. Then you will know what content is read and which tag is applied to it and also you will be able to configure the mappings to suit your requirements.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed