Search Index Issues

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:24

Search Index Issues

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

I set up two search indexes on my site this morning and after 8 hours I'm still not seeing results.  I followed the guide for setting up the search indexes, search widgets, and search result pages.  

Thinking I may have set something up wrong, I logged into the back-end of my site and tried to edit the indexes.  That, however, resulted in a JavaScript popup of Return Code: 0.  I'm trying the fixes mentioned in this thread: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/return-code-0-in-4-1-sp1.aspx.  When I looked at it in Firebug; the GET request was being aborted.

Would those issues be the same reason my indexes don't seem to be building?  If not, what would keep an index from not building correctly?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Do you have a physical masterpage in your project?

...does it have a RadScriptManager?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

If you are getting an error when you try to re - index, means that something is breaking the crawler requests, and returns no results, which is most probably due to a custom control. Correct me if you do not have custom controls implemented on your website. Please check the following forum thread where I have posted sample code which you can place in the initialize / page_load method of your controls.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2011 00:00

Thanks for the feed-back and my apologies for the delay in my reply.  It looks like the issue was actually with the permissions on the App_Data folder where the appropriate files were not being written for the search index.  I'm still waiting to hear back from my client as to whether that resolved their issue or not, but will update this post when I have a definite solution.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Brett,

Glad to hear that the issue is most likely to be resolved. Please make sure to update me on the progress of the issue when you have more information.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed