Events master/detail problem

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:51

Events master/detail problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello,
I have 2 Events component in a page, and I want to use one of them as Master.
When I click on an event in Master one, The other contorl show the detail, but the Master one will disappear if the selected event isn't past!
I've attached 2 fies before and after click, please take a look.

P.S. I've changed the style of Master by Javascript

Thanks,
Majid

Hi Majid,

This behavior is due to the way content widgets(News, Events, Blogs) filter the displayed content. Currently both event widgets use the url to filter what should be displayed. Please take a look at this forum thread which explains in detail the functionality implemented. In your case, if you want the Master widget to stop filtering and always display the custom selection of Events you'll need to go to the widget's advanced settings -> ControlDefinition -> Views -> (name of list view) -> AllowUrlQueries and set this to FALSE. This would stop the widget from filtering and the one that you didn’t click will stay in master mode (list).

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for the perfect answer
It works well!

This thread is closed