unable to create content type/module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:28

unable to create content type/module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2011 00:00

I've been developing in 3.7 and it couldn't have been any easier, so I'm now trying to create my site in 4.1 sp2 and when I try to create a new content type/module, I'm getting the following error message:

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

and I'm getting this message right after I create my folder structure (no coding has even begun yet)
I set my structure up as:

SitefinityWebApp/Modules/ModName/Admin

and when go to the site, I get the error message. I was following Josh's 'mod made simple' video and got it then, so I remove the site and database, cleared my IE cache and tried again from scratch and still got the message.

what could be causing it?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Nutositefinity,

The problem indicates some of the needed assemblies for the project to run are not found. This usually happens when you Rebuild a project. I recommend Building your projects every time and avoid rebuilding. To fix the problem look trough the references of your project and compare them with references from a working project. There should be something missing. You can also copy all that is in the bin folder of a working project and paste it in your project.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

I got it working, after some digging, and reading other posters that had/having the same issue. The build is deleting the references to the facebook,dll and the json.dll, once I added those back I was fine

This thread is closed