Moderated blog with Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:11

Moderated blog with Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello,

I am currently creating a moderated blog using the tools provided with Sitefinity. My constraint is to do as few developments as possible, because this is a low-budget project.

So far, it is going pretty well, I can duplicate most of what my client needs.

I have two questions :

- Is it possible to edit the blog without having to go to the Backend? The backend might be confusing to the end-user, and displays the "Pages" interface (even when i apply minimal rights), that he is not supposed to be able to see.

- Is there a control that displays a list of all blogs, possibly sorted by categories? I haven't seen one, but maybe there's one? 
-> If there isn't one, what would be the best way to devlop one? Should i make my own control from scratch or inherit from an existing one?

Thank you,
Farouk

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Farouk,

In the current release of Sitefinity, editing blogs is only possible from the backend of the project.
For displaying items by category, you can use the Category widget (Content >> Classifications >> Categories)
You can add Categories from Content >> Classification of Content >> Categories. After you have created the categories you need, you can add these categories to content items from the Categories and tags (when creating or editing the item). I hope that helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed