page translation

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:49

page translation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2011 00:00

When providing the users the ability to select other languages then english (ie: spanish), do I have to manually translate the spanish page or does Sitefinity manage that itself? I'm reading some of the documentation on the language selector, languages, etc but I can't find if Sitefinity actually does the translation or if I have to manually do the tanslations. I'm going to have about 40 pages or so within my site and I'd rather not have to translate all 40 pages manually, that would be a lot of time spent.

So far I have the language selector dropdown on my home page, however, when I select spanish the content on the spanish home page is still in english, I need it in spanish

Hi Nutositefinity,

You need to translate the content yourself. Sitefinity just gives you the functionality to add and manage translations.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

well that bites and very time consuming as well. Especially your building a pretty big site for multiple languages.
Sitefinity should have this built into since the abitliy to create "different version" in different languages exist.

I disagree. This is a feature that probably wouldn't be widely used and for the people that truly want to support multiple languages, automatic translations would not suffice because of their poor quality. Although it would add functionality to the product, I think automatic language translation would detract from the core of what Sitefinity is, especially at a time when so many features and bugs are being worked on.

There was a blog post back in January about using a custom workflow to automatically translate content using Google Translate. So although they don't natively support it, they've given you the ability to implement it. However, you'll need a Professional or Enterprise license to use custom workflows.

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/pavelskvirski/posts/11-01-21/sitefinity_4_0_automate_translations_with_custom_workflows_and_google_translate.aspx

I actually added the MS Translator to the sites master page and it works fine, though I may look at the google translator and use that instead, As for workflows, we're not using anything like that

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2013 00:00

Is there any plan on the Sitefinity roadmap to provide the ability for exporting language content in one language to send for translation services (for use Google Translations or Bing is not an option based on technical translation requirements. Ideally it would be nice if there was the ability to send out content and import it back in but out would at least be a step in the right direction.  We are in the process of using Multisite management with 6 different Brand sites so our translation process today is all manually and will be going forward

Thoughts  / comments?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello,

The option to export is not planned for next release ,I have logged this as feature request, here is the feature request in PITS.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2013 00:00

Any progress on this request?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

No progress is made on the feature vote for the feature to increase its priority and subscribe to the feature (in the top right corner) to get notified for changes of this feature request.

As a workaround sitefinity API can be used to query data from sitefintiy which can be exported  any suitable format once queried to suit the need for translation.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

This thread is closed