create new module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:02

create new module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2011 00:00

In 3.7 I was able to create a new module by using asp.net usercontrols that went against a table defined by me (a non sitefinity table) and setting up the folder structure such as /sitename/modules/modulename/admin and when I went into the admin portion of the site, I saw my new module.

Can I create modules the sameway in 4.1 or do I have to create a module like the jobs module is built? 

I was able to bang out a module in 3.7 in a few hours depending on the module, it doesn't look that simple in 4.1

I just need a basic module that has 3 textfields and 4 image uploading fields and creating a module like the jobs one looks like a lot of work for something so simple.

So, can I still create a mod like I did in 3.7 or no and what is the best way to create a module to do what I'm looking to do?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Newtocms,

Modules in Sitefinity 4 are different from those in Sitefinity 3.x. Please refer to these tutorials:

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/joshmorales/posts/11-06-30/sitefinity_intra-site_module_webinar_notes.aspx

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/gabesumner/posts/11-07-05/webinar_video_now_available_ndash_sitefinity_4_modules_made_simple.aspx

Products module is a backend oriented module which uses workflow to create products in the backend and present them in the frontend. Jobs module is more of a frontend module that collects data from visitors and presents it to the backend user. The tutorials and the module code in SDK will help you understand how to create or modify modules in Sitefinity 4 since you have experience with Sitefinity 3 modules.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed