RadControls (Have I got this right?)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:05

RadControls (Have I got this right?)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2011 00:00

Good evening,

To get straight to the point, I read that a sitefinity license comes with RadControls. Are the RadControls widgets available in sitefinity straight out of the box, or do they have to be added by a developer at the time of development before they show up in the widgets section?

I ask as I was watching one of your tutorial videos and noticed that one of the widget tabs amongst the standard content, navigation etc is called RadControls. When using the sandbox trial the RadControls widget is not present.

Thank you for your time,

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Robert,

Yes, RadControls come with Sitefinity. They need to be added during the development by the developers though. We've had RadControls section in the past, but this wasn't really useful, because every control needs to be setup to work with the system, in other words, it's not something the end user will usually do. I'll give you an example - RadMenu. What should happen if someone drop the RadMenu on the page? Should it show the sitemap, or custom navigation? Or, the RadScheduler - what events should it show?

The RadControls are built in the Telerik.Web.UI assembly, which can be found in the Sitefinity bin directory.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed