RSS Feed of this Forum

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:51

RSS Feed of this Forum

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi

I can't seem to get the RSS feed to work on this particular forum, all the others do, is there an issue with the link? I'm trying to add it to my Outlook RSS Feeds.

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Richard Cross,

Thank you for contacting us!
What is the exact forum you are trying to subscribe?
I have checked this and a couple of other forums and all the rss feed links seem to work.
Is it possible the problem to be with your Outlook Rss in some way ?

Looking forward to your response!

Greetings,
Filip
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Filip

Yes it is this forum. Weird, I have pasted all the others into my Outlook RSS feed folder and they all work, yet this one doesn't want to seem to persist. I can see it as I accept the feed and then it doesn't appear anywhere in the folder listings.

Strange...

Thanks for trying...

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your response!
We have managed to add the links in the "Add new rss" in Outlook. Can you please provide us with the exact link you are using.
Is this the exact link you are adding in Outlook 
Awaiting your response!

All the best,
Filip
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Filip

On this link you sent me, I get this: http://screencast.com/t/BQ9xuARcJTJ
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/rss.aspx?forumThreadId=533&rssType=1
and it shows after pasting in, but then doesn't persist in my RSS Feeds as a folder.

Whereas on other links which all work, I get the image: http://screencast.com/t/ADhehx1AqThT
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/rss.aspx?forumThreadId=660&rssType=1
and they add as a folder into Outlook fine.

Not sure if this is helping?

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Richard Cross,

I am really sorry to hear the problem still persist!
We couldn't figure out what might be wrong with this rss. 
What version of Outlook are you using? We have tried both with Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 and everything seems as expected.

Have a great day and I hope we can sort out the Rss problem for you soon,
Filip
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Filip

It's Outlook 2010.

Do you get the feed image rendering at the top of the page, when you go to the RSS page for the General Discussions Forum?

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Richard Cross,

Thanks for writing back!
It appears that the problem is reproducible only sometimes. I managed to get the missing image.
Can you please try using this URL. All the times I try adding an RSS to Outlook I successfully get the previous posts as well as the new ones. 
Keep me informed in any case!

Have a great start of the wekk,
Filip
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Filip

Still doesn't work, still don't get the image.

Thanks for trying...

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Richard Cross,

Thanks for replying!

After further research I found that the browser does not recognize the content of the page as a valid xml.
Adding an additional query string parameter fmt=xml solves the problem at our side.
May I kindly ask you to try one more time with 
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/rss.aspx?forumThreadId=533&rssType=1&fmt=xml

I really hope this will finally solve the problem!

Have a good day and good luck,
Filip
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Filip

Yep, that works, thanks.

Interesting thing though is that I tried to rename it as I put 'Sitefinity' in front of the existing titles so that they are all grouped together and it says it can't rename it to that beacuse there is an existing folder named that. So I suppose the other feed is in there somewhere, it just doesn't display. You wouldn't know how to get rid of that one, would you?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Richard Cross,

I am really glad your problem is finally solved!

From what you described I see that the problem is now with Outlook. I would suggest that you find another folder in your RSS folder in Outlook that is named General Discussions and is with the same URL and delete it. There doesn't seem to exist a possibility for hidden folders so I hope this will solve your problem.

Another workaround may be using a slightly different name if you cannot the "already existing folder".

Good luck!

Greetings,
Filip
the Telerik team

This thread is closed