RSS Feeds Not Publishing/Runnable

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:12

RSS Feeds Not Publishing/Runnable

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello,
I'm attempting to use Sitefinity's built-in RSS generation, but I'm having some difficulty harnessing it. I have followed the video here (www.sitefinity.com/.../how-to-use-the-rss-feed.aspx) as best as I can tell.

1. When I choose "Actions > Run" to update the feed, I get an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. (Additionally, do feeds need to be manually refreshed each time?)
2. The published feed URLs are all empty, even though the content sources they draw from are populated with data.
3. In creating a feed, in the "Content to Include" section, if I set the "Content type" to "News items," I have no way of filtering what news items. Is there no way to specify a category/tag? Is this on the roadmap as a feature?
4. I do not understand "Page where this content is published." What does this do?

Thanks for any help here. Items 1-2 are obviously the most important here as presently I'm unable to use the feature at all.

Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Jacob,

Could you provide more information about :

What version of sitefinity you are using ?

What pipes do you have in the Publishing Point ?

Did you make some specific changes like mappings or something else in the publishing point settings ?

With the next release you will be able to filter the items by tags or categories.

4. I do not understand "Page where this content is published." What does this do?

This is the page where your content is displayed.  Based on the selected page when the RSS is generated the rss items's urls  will point to that page.

What is the
Kind regards,
Teodor
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Teodor,

I'm running Sitefinity 4.1.1339.0 currently.

The export options I have (I assume this is what you mean by pipes?) are Sitefinity content, RSS feed, or Twitter feed, and I am using the RSS feed option.

I have not made any specific changes in the publishing point settings.

Thank you for your help!

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Jacob,

We can't reproduce your problem. Can you open a support request and send us your DB, configuration and any custom data you have. I will try to reproduce this problem with your settings and I will try to suggest you how to resolve it.
About your question (Additionally, do feeds need to be manually refreshed each time?) - The answer is no. Once a feed is created, the items in it will be automatically added/removed.

Greetings,
Bonny
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed