Database signature

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:15

Database signature

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have heard that you don't need to use the Project Manager to upgrade a project. If the code base is upgraded, then the code will see that the signature of the database is older and automatically upgrade it. That sounds cool.

What I want to know is, how do I know that the database has been successfully upgraded? Where do I look to check that the database ignature is the same? Also, if there were any errors during the upgrade, where would they be logged?

Many thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Andrei,

When you supply the project with the new dlls and replace them, they automatically upgrade your configs and your database. If you wonder if your database has been successfully upgraded, you can find the version of the database in the table [sf_schema_vrsns] where there is a column [version_number] which holds the actual project version.

Also the upgrade logs can be found in the same folder as the original error logs - yourproject/App_Data\Sitefinity/Logs but their name starts with UpgradeTrace.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2011 00:00

Victor,

Many thanks. I have had a look at my current status of that table and it looks as attached.
I was expecting only a couple of records, but there seems to be quite a few once in there
with zeros and all. I guess it is fine.

Thanks again,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Andrei,

As you can see from the columns, the database keep records of your previous version of Sitefinity and your current one and also lets you know which version are your assemblies.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed