Cannot add Analytics Users

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:28

Cannot add Analytics Users

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

I have noticed that I have to log in as the Super Admin to be able to see the analytics in my install.  When logging in as any other users I am prompted to select the user that will be the Administrator for Analyics when clicking the tab, however no users are available for selection.

i read some forum posts that this could be fixed by deleting the AnalyticsConfiguration.config and DashboardPermissions.config.  I have done this and restarted the application, however it does not seem to help.  The files are not being recreated.

I also noticed that while I have done updates recently, all config files are being updated with new timestamps except the two files mentioned above, and they have .bak files associated with them as well where others do not.  The last update for these files was 3/9/11.  I installed Sitefinity on 3/7 and do not remember performing an update on 3/9.

Is there any way to tell what could be causing the config files not to be updates/modified?  My app pool is running as NETWORK SERVICE and it has full control permissions to all of the config files in the Configuration folder.  This is Server 2008 Enterprise and IIS 7.

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Anthony,

Can you please check if the files will be recreated when you delete them and then run the Analytics application and enter your Google Analytics credentials.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2011 00:00

Sorry for taking so long. 

If I delete the files they are not regenerated. 

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for getting back to me. Were you able to run the Analytics app and configure it once you deleted the configuration files? If yes, they should have been recreated, however if the application failed to load maybe you did not remove/delete the *.bak files associated with the two configuration files? One other thing you might want to check is whether you have updated the ClientBin/Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.xap file to the latest version.
Looking forwards to your reply.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2012 00:00

Are there other scenarios where you can't select a user to configure google analytics?  I previously set all the backend pages to require ssl.  This was done w/ a script as opposed to in IIS.  Found that I had to disable that to get the silverlight app to load.  However, even if I log in as the original admin I still can't select a user to configure.  I do have an additional membership provider but again, logging in the default provider with the original admin account so I assume that doesn't matter.  Do other pages have to be marked w/o ssl?  I don't have any config files to delete because I never get to configure it in the first place.  

This is a fresh  4.4 2117  install.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

We are aware of this issue, however it is connected with OS permissions on the filesystem. The problem is caused because the  Analytics Silverlight application can`t write its config files in App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder the files needed are AnalyticsConfig and DashtboardPermissionsConfig. I am unable to reproduce it at my end. I have made test on all computers running Sitefinity at our end. We do not have restriction to write the config files to the file system if there is no permission on the folder that blocks them. I am aware all other config files are written, however the analytics config might running Silverlight interface might require something on the operating system to execute them. We are unable to identify what setting should be enabled to allow the config to be written. As a workaround if you can run a copy of the project on another computer (test first if you can run Analytics on a blank project on the new machine and crete the config files) and create the config files for the project. Once crated they will be read and analytics will work.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed