Lists Error - does not contain a Web resource with name

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:47

Lists Error - does not contain a Web resource with name

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2011 00:00

I am receiving the following error when clicking on a list in the back end:

Assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.1.1574.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' does not contain a Web resource with name 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Lists.Web.Scripts.ListItemsMasterGridViewExtensions.js'.

I'm still able to see lists on front end pages for any that have already been included in pages, but I can't create new ones or modify items in existing lists because I keep getting the above error.

Unfortunately, I cannot quite say exactly at what point this started happening, I had some lists setup for a while and hadn't paid attention to them until this week.  Definitely NOT related to latest upgrade.

Hopefully someone can help me out!

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Kevin,

I suppose it is related to the upgrade. The error indicates a file missing from Telerik.Sitefinity Assembly. Can you try replacing this assembly with one from a new project you create and where list module work?

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2012 00:00

Hi,

We are having an emergency update to our website and I am facing the same issue as described in the post above. I have tried to update it with the latest dll's but I don't that will work without an upgrade.
We are currently at
Edition: Standard Edition with Load Balancing Support

Date of activation:28 Feb 2011
Product version: 4.1.1501.0

We usually deploy the whole site from Dev, by comparing the database and running the scripts. However we have instances like now where we need to make some emergency changes to the site and do not have the time to do the full deployment.
I cannot pin point the time when the lists stopped working, but we are not able to edit the lists anymore. We are getting the following error " Assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.1.1501.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' does not contain a Web resource with name 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Lists.Web.Scripts.ListItemsMasterGridViewExtensions.js'."

The stack trace for the same is.

<b>04/30/2012 17:03:55<br>Type : System.InvalidOperationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089<br>Message : Assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.1.1501.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' does not contain a Web resource with name 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Lists.Web.Scripts.ListItemsMasterGridViewExtensions.js'.<br>Source : System.Web.Extensions<br>Help link : <br>Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal<br>TargetSite : Void VerifyAssemblyContainsReleaseWebResource(System.Reflection.Assembly, System.String, System.Reflection.Assembly)<br>Stack Trace :    at System.Web.UI.WebResourceUtil.VerifyAssemblyContainsReleaseWebResource(Assembly assembly, String releaseResourceName, Assembly currentAjaxAssembly)<br>   at System.Web.UI.ScriptReference.ShouldUseDebugScript(String releaseName, Assembly assembly, Boolean isDebuggingEnabled, Assembly currentAjaxAssembly)<br>   at System.Web.UI.ScriptReference.DetermineResourceNameAndAssembly(ScriptManager scriptManager, Boolean isDebuggingEnabled, String& resourceName, Assembly& assembly)<br>   at System.Web.UI.ScriptReference.GetUrlFromName(ScriptManager scriptManager, IControl scriptManagerControl, Boolean zip)<br>   at System.Web.UI.ScriptReference.GetUrlInternal(ScriptManager scriptManager, Boolean zip)<br>   at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterUniqueScripts(List`1 uniqueScripts)<br>   at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterScripts()<br>   at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnPagePreRenderComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e)<br>   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)<br>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)<br><br></b>
Appreciate any help. Its critical we get this resolved as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Soumya

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2012 00:00

Just wanted to add to the above post that, editing lists works in dev and not in production.
We don't have Sitefinity installation on our production servers so whatever is in dev including the config files are straight away deployed to production. So from Sitefinity set up perspective, like version, etc everything is the same in both environments.

The license file is also the one downloaded from the site after the domain is registered.

This thread is closed