Version History for Templates

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:11

Version History for Templates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2011 00:00

Since Sitefinity offers the option to create a bearbone template and add RadControls, etc to the template, I am quite surprised to learn that while the pages have version history and the templates do not!  Please point me to the right direction if I just overlooked it.

I learnt it the hard way; I added a custom navigation control that I wanted to remove, but I couldn't remove it from the admin due to some CSS issue. (the control buttons (edit, more were not working).

I was hoping that I could go back to a previous version of the template, and I couldn't find such option for it!

At the end, I had to go through the database table (spent like 30min as I didn't know the database schema) to remove the offending control from the database.

Either though I didn't pay the full $1,999 (upgraded from version 3,), I would expect such feature for a CMS selling at this price range.

PS. I just put the control in the master file now.  I can still easily edit it in case of an issue, but it sort of defeats the purpose of having a user-editable template within the CMS.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Thelyrist,

Thank you for pointing out the need for such functionality. We have already started working on its implementation and I have logged a PITS issue for it so you can easily track its status and vote for it. The item can be found on this public URL.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2012 00:00

Just had an 'issue' with a template and was also surprised not to find version control in 5.0. Placed a vote on the PITS but doesnt look like this will be actioned any time soon. Only 4 votes!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2012 00:00

Just had an 'issue' with a template and was also surprised not to find version control in 5.0. Placed a vote on the PITS but doesnt look like this will be actioned any time soon. Only 4 votes!

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello,

I will make sure to forward your suggestion to our development team. Hopefully we will be able to provide such functionality for the next releases.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2013 00:00

The version history would be great, however why is there a problem deleting widgets on the template page? I click on "more" get the the dropdown menu click on delete and nothing happens. And since I have added the search widget I haven't been able to publish anything.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi,

This behavior is really strange. Could you please inform us is the template custom or a default one? Which is the version of Sitefinity that you are using? You could open a support ticket and send us backend credentials and a link to your web site to investigate the problem in more depth.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

This thread is closed