Upgrading from 4.1 SP1 to 4.1 SP3

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:05

Upgrading from 4.1 SP1 to 4.1 SP3

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

I'm having issues upgrading my project from 4.1 SP1 (4.1.1395.0) to 4.1 SP3 (4.1.1574.0).
First, my project isn't registered in the project manager. So I followed this little tutorial: Adding an existing project to the project manager
(Not that this page doesn't tell you how to set the project id, I take it that means it's not needed. Anyway, I do not know how to retrieve the project id.)

However, it didn't work. I then learnt a trick from a colleague: move the Projects.xml file in the same folder as the Project manager exe. This time, the Project manager actually reads and writes from the xml file, as opposed to only writing to it.

At this point, I managed to get my project to show up in the Project manager list. However, all the buttons except from "Remove" are grayed out.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

I just managed to solve this issue. The problem came from the fact I reorganized the project structure by adding a solution and putting the original project in a sub folder. To sum things up, the Url and LocalPath attributes of the Projects.xml need to point to the folder where the App_Data folder is.

Hello Thomas,

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. As you can see in our documentation we have included a code snipped which shows what you can insert in your Projects.xml file ( step 2 ).

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed