Old functionality - add to

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 04:02

Old functionality - add to

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

More and more, I am seeing functionality missing from 3.x in 4.x - especially in the administrative side.  Don't get me wrong, there is more functionality in some ways, but I do miss several of the old things as well.  For instance, I really miss the "add to [x]" container when in design mode for the templates/pages.  Oftentimes, the design CSS is rendered poorly (at best) in "design" mode in the GUI.  When containers wind up laying under other items, it is just too difficult to drag-n-drop them into place.  Additionally, because the CSS can be so disruptive to the administrative side, it would be really nice to have some sort of "container view" that would allow you to add controls to an "unstyled" page.  Of course that is geared more toward designers/developers, but it would be really helpful.  I think the new "navigate-to-edit" is more useful for the non-techie editors.

Same here

I often have a 20 pixel top, then some 150 pixel banner, with some 30 pixel navigation before going into content.

At least if the containers would show the names of the div or contentplaceholders.

Markus

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the constructive feedback. We have a feature request in our system to implement the desired functionality. You can find the request in our Public Issue Tracking System on this public URL. Please review the PITS issue, you can track its status and vote for it on the mentioned hyperlink. If you feel like there's some additional requirements that should be added, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thanks in advance!

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed