4.2 Roadmap (how to find and what to be on it)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:55

4.2 Roadmap (how to find and what to be on it)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Good day

First of all. Is it just me or is finding the roadmap for Sitefinity once in a while a hassle?

www.sitefinity.com/.../roadmap.aspx

However this said. Since 4.2 has been pushed back 2-3 weeks can we expect some aditional bugs (and many old) fixed?

1) Back-end localization in SBE not possible at the moment!
2) Form still (sorry) suck! Pixel width given by SF. If you start changing in pixel you mess everything up
    (Look at my thread sugestions for forms). It would be nice if we could have the forms mailed!
3) Redirecting to a pagegroup does still not change the url and therefor not set the submenu css selected
4) Copying pages with additional URL copy old urls but don't save on save.
5) Content Placeholder don't carry names in Templates. Try to know which is which in complicated designs
6) Permissions. Have not tired this in 4.1 SP3. I hope it's not still grand to 100 remove from 99.
7) and many of these www.telerik.com/.../pits.aspx

Nr. 1 is simply a MUST
Nr. 2 would be a step into the right direction and get that module usefull
Nr. 3 would take away the need of customizing navigations

Markus

Just Google sitefinity roadmap it's the first result. Easily found :)

Dear Eric

I had a better way. I just posted the link to the roadmap into my thread so I could access it from there. So no need to google it :-) But thanks for the quick feedback. How dumb of me. I should have thought of that myself :-)

Can you google for 'Fixes that make it to sitefintiy 4.2' as well. I somehow came up empty!

Markus

PS: @telerk - 4.1 SP3. Big progress in the past 6 month. Keep on going. Once all the reported bugs are fixed and the improvements are made Sitefintiy is allmost back to its glory.

@Markus, I think they intentionally make the Roadmap hard to find because they never actually stick to the features and dates they set. I try not to look for it because I'm tired of being disappointed... I still stand by my prediction from back in Jan/Feb, SF 4 will be a good product in 2012, progress made but a long way to go still and even further to go in setting and managing customer expectations.

Phill

I was going to post a LMGTFY link, but that sometimes doesn't go over well, regardless of how fun it is. Oh why not...

Sitefinity roadmap

SP3's good eh? I hadn't installed it since we're still only testing and I thought we were getting 4.2 this week... I should probably upgrade. I'm honestly happy with 4.1 SP2. The backend can be a bit sluggish and sometimes pages are cached when I don't think they should be, but overall I'm pretty content.

@Eric

ROFLOL - Thank's

Yes 4.1 SP3 is much faster then 4.1 SP2 which made my front end crawl.

Here we go my first LMGTFY

It seems everything leads to the same point. The roadmap :-)

Looking forward to what they fix in 4.2 coming up in August.

Markus

This thread is closed