Copy/Rename existing module?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:20

Copy/Rename existing module?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jul-2011 00:00

We're having a problem trying to re-create our old systems in Sitefinity. We realized that we can do all of this by adding properties/formatters to the News module without writing any code, and that's great. However, we need to have several different sets of customizations- we can't make a single modified News module fit our needs. 

Is there any way we can make a renamed copy of the News module, that we can add a different set of custom properties to? I know we can write new modules if we have to, but this would save us a lot of coding/testing.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Zugbo,

Sitefinity 4.x does not support search scenario. In order to create a module similar to the news module, you have to build such. Please check our SDK and documentation which might help you on the way.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2011 00:00

This would make a very simple way to create custom modules.  If I could copy lets say the generic content module to a new module call custom1.  Then, I would be able to add fields in the custom fields section of custom1 in effect creating a brand new module in about 20 minutes.  

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Patrick Herrington,

This will be not easily achieved as each modules registers specific data in the configs and in the database, but we will make note of your suggestion.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed